1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 sep

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Nanna7, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Nanna7

Nanna7 New Member

The most disheartening this a doctor told me was that I would end up in a wheelchair by age 30. I'm over that now and not in a wheelchair at all.

I have realized now that I became gluten intolerant at age 12 and suffered migraines at 15. I can't remember what would have triggered the gluten intolerance at age 12 but I do remember what happened to cause the migraines. I also felt depression for the first time and became extremely hard and critical on myself. I acknowledge what happened and want to let it go, but how can I truly let it go? And make sure I have?

The link to : The full thread in blue below doesn't work, does anyone have the link?

You were very astute to see how we tend not to honor our own thoughts, emotions or experiences as much as we tend to offer that respect to others. That has now changed for you. Congratulations on new beginnings!

Click here for the full thread

I'm feeling a little down today. I know life can be wonderful but I left my second marriage last year (another bad choice in husband) and have a wonderful boyfriend but I can hardly see him and often feel lonely. I am trying to achieve a lot at work and live in a new city so it's hard to make 'real' friends.

Sometimes it is the case of why bother. I've been through so much and life is just a constant circle.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

We all have times when the glass seems half empty - but persevere and you'll wake up thinking the glass is half full - or fuller!
    You are not in a wheelchair - so that is something to be thankful for and positive about. Even when we have constant pain and other symptoms and everything seems black - there are always others worse off - and many of them carry it much lighter!
    I remember getting in such black holes and feeling like life had no meaning, but now i have got rid of my pain and other symptoms - i have absolutely no excuse not to feel 'glass full up'!
    So hang in there and be gentle with yourself...

Nanna7 likes this.