1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Question to Ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Emile54, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Emile54

Emile54 New Member

I went to my usual chiropractor after hurting my back about 20 years ago. I had experienced on and off back issues for many years prior, but quickly went back into vigorous exercise. This time the Doctor showed me my X-ray and told I had really damaged my back this time. He went on to tell me I would always have problems with the back and would need regular adjustments. I had run a 1/2 marathon that weekend and his prognosis ended my running career and playing tennis. My fear of hurting myself has seem to increase ever since. I've tried to remain active but fear of injury has seemingly never left.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Emile54. X-rays often show back damage but doctors should not scare patients by saying they will never heal,
    and chiros are notorious for telling patients they need regular adjustments.

You had run a 1/2 marathon, so it is no wonder you had pain afterward. That's normal for many people.

I'm not a doctor, but my severe back pain went away soon after I learned about TMS and Dr. Sarno's book
    Healing Back Pain. I suggest that your pain is from TMS repressed emotions and that you keep with the SEP program which
    will take you through the steps to healing.

Steve Ozanich says in The Great Pain Deception that it's okay to continue being active, despite pain. He overcame his leg
    and back pain by playing golf.

Don't fear that you will hurt yourself more if you are active. Don't push yourself to be Hercules, but do what you can.

3. Emile54

Emile54 New Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement.