1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 question to ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by pilatesgirl, Jun 3, 2014.

1. pilatesgirl

pilatesgirl Peer Supporter

Hello,

The most disheartening thing I was told by a doctor about my condition was I had a progressively disfiguring skin disorder called Lichen Sclerosus. I was devastated and she was irritated with my response to her diagnosis. It turned out I never had this disorder and went misdiagnosed for months, applying strong topical steriods on perfectly normal and healthy tissue. Her lack of professionalism, knowledge in her field and empathy made me feel anxious, alone and terrified. I never saw her again. I returned to the clinic months later to retrieve all of my records and expressed my anger and disappointment to the Office Manager. I'm still very angry with this Doctor and will need to journal a lot about her.

pilatesgirl

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

pilatesgirl I have had misdiagnosis too, I had to journal about them and release the pain I felt toward the Doctor too.
    You are on the right path, get it out on paper and then let it go. You are doing great.
    Bless you

pilatesgirl likes this.