1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 : new symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Nissou, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Nissou

Nissou New Member

the last 24 hours were awful, i am commited to do the work seriously, i have read healing back pain and great pain deception already and i am convinced that i have tms, even if every doctor is trying yo convince me that all my back issue is due to my herinated disc’ pinch nerves, or spondylosis .
    Every step forward i make i go 3 steps backward, the last 10 years i did not have back pain but GI problem, and the last year with my bck pain i developed having nausea out of the blue, i lost around 20 lb because of the nausea and the pain itself.
    The last two days doing the work and resuming normal activity , the back pain decreased significantly and the nausea worsen , with vomiting all day and night’ i started to have low abdomen pain and chest pain . I knew that i should be ready for getting new symptoms but those are severe , and i am already under normal weight wich scaries me a lot.
    Did anyone experienced nausea as a TMS symptoms? Thank you ( sorry for my english , its my 3rd language)

2. Nissou

Nissou New Member

I just received , the Devided mind book and started reading it, out of the sudden, 4 hours after my post above, the nausea disapeared , and the back pain came back moving around, middle back then lower back, then my hips , from right side jumping to the left side then my rib cage... thats how i believe i have TMS . In texas i could not find a TMS MD practionner to confirm the diagnosis, i hope i could see someone. May be it will help me heal faster, because sometime i feel hopeless and whem the pain is at its peak i doubt. Any advice is welcome.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome here Nissou, and yes, this is typical, this recurrence of old symptoms, or new symptoms, or switching back and forth. This is good evidence for TMS, just as you suggest. Use this evidence to help support your own self-diagnosis. Nausea is a typical mind-body response, especially when it occurs not related to sickness. Part of what will help you is to keep reassuring yourself that there is nothing wrong with you, and that you know this is TMS. TMS MD practitioners are not very common. There is a list at the Wiki. Sometimes it can be well worth the money to travel to see one, like Dr. Schubiner, if you don't have one in state.

Many many people have healed using this approach, people like me who suffered years of debilitating pain. Reading success stories on this forum, or searching for herniated disc or spondylosis at the wiki, or on google with "sarno" or "TMS" with the search will help reassure you that you will be OK with this approach. Wishing you the best in your journey!

Nissou likes this.
  4. Nissou

Nissou New Member

Thank you andy for your reply,
    I was reading your story yesterday , it brought me hope, i learned about TMS 5 weeks ago, i will give sometime to myself and then see if i can travel to see one of the TMS doctor.
    Thank you again :)

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You are welcome Nissou. Reading your quick blurb about several pain symptoms in different parts of your body is also supportive evidence that you have TMS. Giving yourself time to engage in the SEP and or reading Dr. Sarno's writing, reading success stories is a good idea. With some success yourself, you will have more reassurance this all applies to you, even perhaps without seeing an MD.

Nissou likes this.