1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Day 4 , my most disheartening thing said by a doctor

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by sharon, Feb 25, 2015.

1. sharon

sharon New Member

When I have an Addison 's crisis I lose motor function and become extremely weaj so I an unable to walk, shower or feed myself without help, I have short term memory loss, brain fog and my speec becomes stilted and slurred.
    On my last hospital admission, a doctor proclaimed loufly that there was oithing wrong with me as was evidenced by the blood tests I had had.
    I hadn't had any blood tests, had had 2 identical presentations, in the same hospital, before and was diagnosed with Addison's disease 15 years ago. It was all in my head! The doctor then demanded to know why I was upset!in subsequent days, medication was late, mislaid and incorrectly dispensed.
    Ironically, i now believe it was stress that led me to developing the disease and my motor functions being impaired was my body's way of trying to get me to stop, slow down and be kinder to myself.
    2 years on and I have just regainec my gait, just a bit slow. I now have back pain but with the help of this site I recognize this now as being stress induced anx I am trying to make some real changes to my life

Lizzy likes this.
  2. sharon

sharon New Member

Sorry, my tablet seems to think it can type better than I can and makes its own adjustments,

3. Helenback

Helenback New Member

Hi, I can relate.. Last fall I was diagnosed w. Adrenal fatigue, candida and fibro. Pain everywhere.. Since starting my TMS journey, the symptoms are slowly going away..I remember it hurt just to breath.. Now,During the day I stop to enjoy a "pain-free"sensation.. We need to remind ourselves to be kind to ourselves..this work is worth it! Keep going u r on the right road!
    "hellenback"

juderocketqueen and Lizzy like this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's a real shame that we have to ignore what some doctors tell us. They can scare the cookies out of us.
    Two different cancer doctors had I had some and insisted on operations. I insisted that cultures be taken first,
    and they resisted that until I insisted again. Cultures were finally taken and I didn't need or get the surgery.
    But they had really scared me.

I hope you ladies will keep up the good work on TMS belief and stick with the SEP. Journaling into my boyhood
    really helped me recover from severe back pain. My parents divorced when I was 7 and it left me with a lot of
    repressed anger and feelings of abandonment.

5. sharon

sharon New Member

Walt when you are dealing with something as serious as cancer it is so frightening that they could get it wrong. The same thing just happened to a relative of mine though. It is encouraging to hear you have beaten your back pain...I can't wait to wake up not feeling sore all over! More work to be done

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Some doctors are just interested in money. I knew a woman whose husband was head of cancer surgery at a
    major hospital in a Chicago suburb and she actually bragged that he told her he performed an unnecessary procedure
    on cancer patients because he made an extra $500 each time.

No wonder I'm skeptical of doctors

7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

They are worse than car mechanics

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I know one honest car mechanic, but am not that sure about any doctor.

Boston Redsox likes this.