1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 I still Excercise when I can

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by paingoaway, Jan 25, 2017.

1. paingoaway

paingoaway New Member

I have TN which is a condition that you dont want to eat or talk when it flares because of the intense pain, But strangely since I started this tms work and reading a lot about it my pain has gone done to 3 outa 10. Im only on my 4th day. Im trying to do things that usually pain prevents me from doing. When I realize that the pain is not present, then it starts my face to tense up on the left side.

Inspite of this horrible condition, the dr who diagnosed me back then always encouraged me to keep excercising so I would lessen my pain levels.

I do think also that its not just your passed emotions involved but the present which at times make me feel like a pressure cooker that will explode at any moment. Life can really overload you at times.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, paingoaway. Your doctor is absolutely right that it's very helpful to keep exercising. Steve Ozanich writes in his highly praised book, The Great Pain Deception, that TMS knowledge and continuing to play golf despite the severe pains it caused him helped him to heal. He discovered that his pains came from repressed anger at a doctor who botched an operation that nearly killed Steve's wife.

Your pains may be caused by present emotional stresses or those may have triggered similar stresses in your past. Keep journaling and you will learn what emotions are causing your pains. Try not to let present stresses make you feel like you are going to explode. Practice deep breathing and calming visualizations to relax you.
    Also try to find things to do or think about that are pleasant and make you happy. Don't watch the news on television or the Internet. It just makes us more anxious and depressed. Maybe do this... think of the year you were happiest, and pretend you are there again, with no problems. but with people you love.

3. paingoaway

paingoaway New Member

4. paingoaway

paingoaway New Member

You are right, I will try to Stay more focused on positive things. I dont know why I keep obsessing now that my youngest son will be off to college and that makes me so sad . I have dedicated all my life to him and now I am scared of being without him. Better yet, I think I am afraid of being all by myself.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

That is what is the core of tms is, the separation anxiety. Its always the why behind your emotions and symptoms. Your on the right track!

Ryan