1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 - feeling a little better

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ashcatash, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ashcatash

ashcatash New Member

Ok, so for Day 4 I'm supposed to talk about disheartening things doctors have told me about my symptoms. Well, that's a lot!

First, there was a doctor who told me I might have MS. I couldn't do one of the balance tests for him, but I think that was because I was so nervous I was tense and quivering. I went to the ER but they told me they could not test for MS and to go home. So upsetting.

Then, my other doctor told me it could be multiple things. He threw out bad names, like MD. He gave me a cortisone shot and said that was all he could do besides muscle relaxers. Nothing helped. The relaxers helped me sleep but didn't not change the pain at all.

Another doctor told me it was because of a car accident I was in a long time ago (even though it wasn't a bad accident and I was sure I was fine). She wanted to help me sue the guy who hit me. She refused to work on me or examine me until I signed papers to sue for compensation. I was so upset. I was being pressured by the nurses and her to either sign or leave the office. I will never go back there.

My neurologist told me it was all in my head and I will probably be on Neurotin forever. He told me just to learn to live with it; it will never get better b/c there's nothing physically wrong with me.

I have been so upset these months. Nobody believed in me but my chiropractor, who really has helped when I go out of place. Now I understand it was stress and repressed anger causing my muscles to tense up and my nerves to spasm.

I have been feeling a little better. Not great, but better. It's more of a "background pain" right now and not "center stage". Does that make any sense?

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I was on the maximum dose of muscles relaxers and the maximum dose of Neurontin. I felt no difference in my pain level as I very slowly went off this stuff. I never really felt like it made any difference at all. It didn't make any difference besides making my head all screwed up.

I, too, had so much discouraging news from doctors. But you know now, you have found this place. You will get better. Sandy