1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 ...doctors bad comments

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by themountaneer, Mar 5, 2017.

1. themountaneer

themountaneer Newcomer

The have had several bad comments from doctors like "you have a neck like an old woman". But recently I was at a meeting in a place where they work with mind body connections and told the doctor that I got better when I stopped seeing myself as a patient and started living my life as Sarah. Then the doctor kept saying "but you are sick", and suddenly I felt like a patient and also a little bit psyko. I am now okey but it took some days where I felt really bad. Hope with time that doctors will be wiser.

Sarah

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The doctor who said you are sick was not giving you any good MindBody advice. So too was the doctor who said you have the neck of an old woman. Just ignore them and believe 100 percent in TMS. Follow the SEProgram and find ways to be positive and happy. New doctors are learning more about MindBody, but many or most older ones still just believe in prescribing pain killers. They were taught wrong, but I wouldn't even think about them.

3. themountaneer

themountaneer Newcomer

Thank You so much for good support. I Hope doctors will be more supportive when they Lean more about the mind body