1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 39

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Describe the best day, event, experience you have had since starting this program. What about this experience did you find so meaningful?

Well I really can't answer this question,because I found everyday of this program a different experience and different journey even though some of these days did overlap into the same question, but they where still totally different with different emotions and experiences.

This is the second time I will be threw this journey and I have dug down another layer of the onion to my subconscious that I am learning so much or should i say becoming aware of my emotions and most importantly I know what it means to feel your pain and be with it.

After this week of the SEP is over I will back off from TMS for awhile and stop the healing process and just live for awhile I feel a break is needed.

God Bless

Marc0

Forest and Markus like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Almost done, Marco - congrats are just around the corner :^)

So you can stop reading, journaling, facing those hidden painful emotions, and answering the endless SEP questions (LOL) and take a break, but does that really mean that you stop the healing process? Perhaps that's not what you really meant?

Now is a great time to work on incorporating TMS awareness into your unconscious thought processes. You can do that with a simple daily reminder, or an affirmation that you repeat any time you feel a symptom. No journaling required!

I feel that TMS is part of the human condition - some of us suffer from it more than others, but everyone has it to some extent, and thus it is something we will "deal" with the rest of our lives. The key is finding a healthier way of dealing, and letting that become second nature, which is very satisfying.

Grateful17, Forest and Markus like this.
  3. Boston Redsox

Jan

Well I did not mean that just a needed brakeā€¦.at the moment anxiety and pain if flaring maybe its a good sign . Still can't seem to deal with the anxiety its really taking me over I know its fear, I think my brain found out that I was on afraid of my pain so anxiety here we come.

Its brought to a point I needed to take some meds. ugh

Forest and Markus like this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I get it, Marco. And anxiety is the worst. It's what was threatening my entire life four years ago when I discovered Dr Sarno. The book that really helped me was Hope and Help for Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes, she has helped many people for decades.

We're pulling for you Marco, all the best!

Forest likes this.
  5. Boston Redsox

Thx Jan

And the Claire Weekes books is great thx for the support from you all

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marco. Claire Weekes is wonderful. I wish I had know about her books 50 years ago
    when I had no clue as to why I was anxious.

7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, anxiety is the worst, and that makes it even more crucial to overcome it. Anxiety can undercut all of your other attempts at healing. Just as mindbody pain starts in the mind and moves to the body, so does mindbody healing start with healing the mind and then progress to healing the body. Step one is getting your mind calm and happy. Your body will heal naturally after that.

Jan knows as much about healing anxiety as anyone. Her advice to use Claire Weekes is spot on. Taking care of your anxiety is the kindest thing you can do for yourself.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  8. Boston Redsox

Thx Forest I found out that meds are not the Ed you want to take .

I need to repair my current living conditions it not healthy living with the women you are going to divorce . Even though we are not fighting and pretty much getting along she wants out I don't and I need to respond to this in a healthy manner

Forest likes this.
  9. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that you're absolutely right in this. Long-term TMS healing is often about learning how to be kind to yourself, and I can't think of anything crueler than to force yourself to live with a woman you are divorcing, especially when you don't 100% want out.

10. Boston Redsox

That is my biggest hurdle Forest the problems comes on when there is a house kids dogs it's hard just to get up and move especially we are getting along as room mates but this is causing my glass of rage to pour over

Forest likes this.