1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 37 day 37

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Dec 1, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

What person(s) on the forum do you think is the most helpful? What is it about their posts do you find so beneficial?
    This is a great question because it enables me to reflect how much I enjoy this forum. I enjoy being supported and supporting others. I feel like I really get to know people and their honest sharing. This forum dissolves the isolation that can come from being in pain - feeling like I'm the only one with this kind of pain. Well one read of anyone's posts and I know I am not alone! Also to receive the nod of understanding from others is another pain reliever for me.
    Everyone's posts are helpful. Especially the ones in the beginning because I get reminded of how much pain I was in just a little over a month ago, when I started this program. This week, I actually had two days of no pain at all. Nada!!! So wonderful. Some of it has come back but I'm not stressing about it. I just figure the brain is slowly receding its signals from atrophy... I tried resuming an activity I had stopped and hit a bucket of balls two days ago. It felt great to be swinging a club again and in a typical fashion for me, may have overdone it a bit. I'm focusing on the fun I had hitting the balls more than the pain. I've slowed down in the program because I don't want it to end!!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

There are so many helpful people posting. I think Forest, Steve Ozanich, and Herbie are the most helpful, and also Dr. Zefirides. They have it all over me in knowledge of TMS symptoms and healing. But I also find posts with lots of personal experience from others. Let me take a moment to name them.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Back again.
    It's kind of like asking Fred Astaire who was his favorite dance partner.
    I think your posts are very helpful, and also those of Nancy, Bruce MC,
    NorthStar, chickenbone, honeybear, ellen, and honeybear, and I'm sure
    I've forgotten others.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi there, thank you so much Walt. Oh yes Ginger Rogers, what great
    dancers and personalities we have to remember. In my younger yrs
    in the dance business we also taught ballroom dancing. I did not so much
    but my parents did. It was so much fun, such a happy time. I remember the
    crinoline (spelling?) dresses that made you look puffy on the bottom! My Mom
    did always have me in the best of dress in that era, white gloves and all, especially
    on Sunday for church. The good ole days!!! Today is different and a bit bewildering,
    but there is much to be appreciated too. Fondly, will talk to you soon. Your book should
    be here within a day, can't wait. Nancy