1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 37 Selfcare

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

This is one of my favorite things that help me get threw some bad times…In the SEP they say to do something fun that you enjoy to do with yourself or others. Well I do most on my own.. most of my friends don't make time or they just want to go out drinking which I took off my list of things to do.

My kids are older so thats off the table, I am still involved in my son life when it comes to baseball he is on some high end traveling baseball teams and being scouted by colleges. But most of my self care is self administered I enjoy going for a run, yoga, biking, even though going to gym is not that kind of fun but for me its relaxing with my dog ( thats the best med you can take).

I don't go out much do to the fact I stopped drinking well a glass of wine at dinner is ok, but no more banging down beers with the guys.

Most evening I pick up a book and read for a while a non related tms book lol. I watch very little TV except during football season gave up on the SOX.

I see my mother as much as I can, and if I want total craziness I go see my 9-11 yr niece and nephew. I need to start loving myself more ( Great advice from Steve O ) before I can love any other person.

I must take into consideration that my wife also might have a form of tms ( thx for that Markus never thought of it) And she is suffering in her on way. But I know I need to figure out how I can we can come to a mutual agreement with lawyers taking us to the bank. ( Sorry got off topic).

Also a big part of my self care is therapy , I feel talking to a unbias opinion is very cleansing, she might not be a tms therapist but I trust her. Well those are my thoughts on self care for know, hopefully I will be expanding them but for know its what I have.

Marco
    Brady is innocent

Markus likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marco. I too relate to how wonderful it is to spend time with our dog. I adore Annie, my big black lab, and know she feels the same about me.

Good luck with the lawyers, your wife, and finances. I take it you're in divorce proceedings. Good luck with that. Divorce is considered one of the biggies when it comes to having TMS emotional pain. You'll get through it. Live in the present but also think ahead to happier days.

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx Walt always a true gentlemen.