1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 34 Breaking the pain cycle

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Timbercat, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

After taking some time away from SEP, I'm back and on day 34. Everything Alan wrote about breaking the pain cycle is exactly what I needed to read today. I had a terrible night with unrelenting pain and woke up fearful and in despair. But after reading Alan's comments, I am going to try yet again to disconnect from the fear and worry. I was contemplating maybe I should have another MRI - maybe I really do need surgery, maybe I should see the GI doc (again) but now I am starting to calm down a bit. Thanks to all who help keep me moving forward.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You are doing the right work, the hard work. It may take many times of experiences just like this, but each time you get caught in the old fear and despair, and you then do your best to step out of it, witness it ----each time builds your muscles for this, and it gets easier. Bravo!!