1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 33 day 33

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Nov 26, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Posting about the positive changes in your life will give other people the courage to give this approach a try.
    Oh I have had many many positive changes since I started this program! First off, my pain symptoms are down about 80% from the beginning. I am no longer on a time schedule of when it will ALL be gone because I am aware of the psychological and emotional issues that are brewing about. This program has given me an opportunity to let these negative emotions have their say. I'm busting through the Goodist personality trait. I've allowed myself to feel the anger I had with a recent betrayal. I didn't have to act on it. Just the simple acknowledgement that I have a side of me that wants to be mean, mad, rageful. In the past, I would have tried to spiritualize it out of me - or keep on the goodist path "nice people aren't angry." But I wasn't even allowing the emotion to happen. Even though it was in reality existing! So the ability to acknowledge that I have these feelings through journalling, sharing on this forum has given me a sense of energetic freedom. I didn't even know I had been repressing all this anger. I'm also much quicker to figure out what I need than I was before. I get so focused on what other people need (people pleasing) that I leave myself in the dust. As that happens, I can feel my back sending me a message to PAY ATTENTION! I'm not as annoyed with the back pain and try to switch it out with positive emotions, decreasing stress, think relaxation to mix up the signals. Well I could go on and on with the positive changes. But I think I'll reserve my efforts to cheering on others on this path. It works!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I find relief sometimes in letting myself go with a good yell or scream when it all hits the fan,
    but then I switch to laughing and the anger, frustration go away. Laughing really works for me.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Your a quick learner nowtimecoach and to be 80% better and outcome independednt makes the journey that much better. Also your helping others and the more you do the more you grow and help the inner tension and your self compassion. Youve been doing so well , its awesome.
    Bless you
    PS - your right on track

4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hey Eric, I talked to Walt today and he made my day!! We talked for about 30 min,
    I felt great and encouraged after that and had a good evening. You are all so wonderful,
    leading me into another life, one I have never known, a life of stress relief and happiness.
    I love you all my good friends, Nancy

nowtimecoach likes this.
  5. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Thanks for sharing your story. It does inspire and encourage the rest of us who are coming up behind you in the process to keep going! (Day 15er)

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and their doggie. It's a small black Lab mix, a male,
    and he (Theo) and Annie got along great. Theo climbed into my lap after dinner and kept kissing my face.
    I loved it. When he jumped down, Annie came into my lap, which she hasn't done in several years.
    She must have been jealous. Between the two dogs, I had a very warm and fuzzy time.

The turkey roasted to perfection and I made delicious gravy. Family and friends brought everything else.

I loved the company and the dinner but am enjoying a quiet day after. Hope you all had a really Happy
    Thanksgiving.

nowtimecoach likes this.