1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 33 Day 33

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mmo4, Nov 8, 2013.

1. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

So as I last posted I have had some doubts based on my diastasis recti diagnosis. My doctor says I need the surgery (basically your stomach muscles are split apart and weakened from pregnancy). They say one of the symptoms is lower back, hip, buttock pain-but is this really the case? Since I have been thinking about this, I have felt more pain (which is telling).

I see a lot of info in the books and on the wiki addressing things like bulging discs, but I have not read anything on the wiki nor heard a TMS-oriented doctor address this particular (diastasis recti) issue. Someone suggested I consult a TMS-oriented doctor. Is there a way to post this question on another TMS wiki forum (like ask an expert) to see if a doctor or another TMS wiki user has experience with this? I am very ready to get back to the TMS work, but am stuck on this and need some more info. Thanks all!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Eric)-
    Yes- you can go to the Practitioners Corner here in the forums ok http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/practitioners-corner.15/
    If an Md says you might need surgery then its up to you to think that over-
    We cant tell you to do it or not, the Mds are there for a reason ok.
    So You need to see a tms doctor right, to rule out anything physical.

Now as I remember a post by you- it went like this-

mmo4)-
    Things I notice already:
    1) I notice that when I am truly engaged in an activity, I do not feel/notice the pain as much.
    2)I feel more pain when stressed- so it must be TMS and not a structural thing right?
    3) I think that the subconscious mind looks for clues from your behavior-engaging in lots of
    physical treatments, talking a lot about the physical pain, obsessing on it makes your subconscious think something is wrong and this adds to the fear/pain. Good luck to everyone!

Eric)- You've made plenty of progress up to about 8-9 days ago right?
    well if its tms it will go away ( the pain) when you stop stressing and focusing on it right.

So , see this is how you will continue to keep TMS till you get through this phase your on.

With surgery or Tms healing or which ever route you choose-
    I would most defiantly stop exercise till you get all your stress under wraps ok.

Im telling you like a friend as long as you worry and stress and have anxiety-
    The more you will always have problems with anxiety or pain,
    There's no balance in your physic life when you got stress.

Bless you

3. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

Ok thanks so much. I looked in all the tms forums and could not find an answer, so I emailed the question and hope an expert answers. Apparently this is a very common problem--maybe tms? maybe structural? maybe both?

THanks again.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I would think TMS. I'd try anything before surgery.
    But thinking your pain is from TMS you have to believe that 100 percent. 99.9 percent isn't enough.
    As Steve Ozanich says, "All or nothing." Your unconscious mind won't be fooled.

The great thing is, Dr. Sarno says we don't even have to discover the repressed emotion that is causing our pain.
    We just have to believe that 100 percent.

For some people, thinking it's TMS 100 percent is very hard, but that's the secret.

Good luck.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.