1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 33 check in - positive changes in my life...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by painfreeB, Jan 17, 2015.

1. painfreeB

painfreeB Peer Supporter

I must say that after this far along in the SEP & beginning the 2nd week of 'the presence process' by michael brown --I am pleasantly surprised at the subtle shifts in my life. I noted to a friend recently at not being able to remember a time in my life when I've felt so good for so long - in general. specifically I am calmer, more relaxed & feel so much less anxiety & fear than before. physically I've never felt so good but it's emotionally as well. I feel so much more stable & on an even keel w/out all the hi/lo yo-yo effect from before. good days vs bad days is a concept that hasn't occurred to me in a while & I seem to have more compassion & kindness for myself & others as well. overall having this greater sense of well being has helped me feel more confident in my abilities & for the future of living my desired life again. in the beginning I had an resistance to journaling but now it comes quite easily & has a calming effect. 'the presence process' I attribute to helping calm my mind & get out of my negative thinking head & allow me to connect easier to my body & inner emotional energy that needs to be integrated/released. I highly recommend it to anyone struggling w/ that & it is a perfect companion piece to TMS. as my TMS doc said - it's the only therapy you'll ever need....

the positive results so far are -less pain, more stable emotions, & a greater hopefulness & positive outlook on my life going forward. pretty good payoff after 40+ yrs of chronic pain doom & gloom ;-)

Ellen likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi painfreeB,

I saw this statement by you on another thread earlier this month:

I have to remind myself to be compassionate & forgiving to myself - something that doesn't come easy for a perfection/good/legal-ist type like me. no -I'm in it for the long haul (there is no other option really). I am an 'emotional warrior' & in the fight of my life:)...

I was just appreciating for all of us how when we take steps toward truth and compassion, and find strands of inner work that resonate with us, and follow them ----how great it is to taste the rewards. Your opening post above is such a solid celebration of your work. Getting real with ourselves, allowing, feeling, growing, pursuing that which we want and need so down deep...

And your experience points out that effective tools do exist in our society, like the Presence Process. Our hope for a better life is not a lie. We find a good teacher, and we put forth effort.

I am really happy for you.

Andy

Ellen likes this.