1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 32

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheWayBackUp, Aug 25, 2017.

1. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

The last time I made a mistake was earlier today. I was trying to install software in a spare laptop so that my substitute worker could use it when we go away next month. However I ran into trouble getting it to work. I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, and also called a help line, and that person said it wasn't an issue on their end, but I wasn't so sure, so I went thru everything with him and it turned out that it was all fine there. He was rude to me which hurt my feelings a little. Then I called another help line and twice my call got dropped which irritated me to no end. Finally I got help from someone who fixed the issue. It turned out it was a really simple fix that I should have been able to fix on my own but I for some reason didn't notice it when I looked at it originally. The formating change in the new version threw me off.

I felt bad that I spent all that time and made those other people help me for such a simple problem. I also felt upset with myself for not double checking more before I started calling all the people. However, recently I have had so many technical issues to deal with and normally calling people makes it all go faster, so that's why I did it. In the end I understand why it happened the way it is, but I also feel frustrated that I didn't notice the problem myself in the first place.