1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 32 challenging

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by intense50, Dec 30, 2015.

1. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Until day 31 things were getting better. I walked a lot and skated. Yesterday after a snowfall I figured I use the snow blower, nothing major physically. I couldn't walk straight and very sore with mid back stiffness. My butt pain is still there and sciatica.I'm wondering if this is the so called moving around. Anyhow feels tough.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey intense50,

Hang on in there. I know it's a tough ride.

It's great that you are engaging in physical activity. This is probably the best medicine you can take.

Try and shift your thoughts outwards, to that of nature when you feel pain or at unease. Or you could try deep breathing or being mindful and present. Both strategies can help you shift your focuss from any discomfort you feel.

Finally, praise yourself for all of the achievements you've made this far and not look at the short falls. You are 32 day's closer to good health. God bless.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations Intense50, for noticing the improvements and as Mike says, getting this far. Try to focus on what you have accomplished, and never mind some setbacks. I took months to get back to normal. That's OK.

4. Hen

Hen Peer Supporter

Setbacks suck. I'm sorry you are having pain it will go when its ready. Breath and know that you are going to be OK!!!

Laughalot likes this.
  5. Laughalot

Laughalot Peer Supporter

intense50, good on you for staying in action despite the pain!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, everyone. Good advice that TMS pain moves around, and for patience without putting deadlines on healing.

My New Year's resolutions are more deep breathing and living in the present, with a firm belief that The Best Is Yet to Come.
    That is my new mantra.

Happy New Year and a pain-free 2016 to everyone!

intense50 likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Also, less television and even less radio or other audio input. Less technology and more quiet time and meditation.

I even like watching movies on tv with the sound off or volume very low. I can follow the action and plot
    without rock music and a lot of talk. Better yet, skip new movies entirely. They're just mindless.
    Now I know why silent movies were so wonderful. They were quiet!

Laughalot likes this.
  8. Laughalot

Laughalot Peer Supporter

Walt - consider an exception for Interstellar! It's amazing!!

9. Stella

Stella Well known member

Your mind will always continue to challenge you trying to focus on the physical instead of the psychological. Talk back to it.

Use your tools. You can do it.

intense50 likes this.