1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 32 after a little hope, now in excruciating pain from back spasm

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Livinginhope, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

I am feeling so defeated. The back spasm has been building for a couple of days and today, it is full blown. I have had this debilitation before, but I originally started the SEP with hip pain. Now it has morphed into more intense spasms, knee and neck pain. I have been journaling everyday and am trying to figure out what triggered this. Yesterday, I walked, even with pain, but today, I can hardly bend over and had to cancel my day. My husband wants me to go to the doctor or PT and I simply refuse. I have been down this path before. Do I take an Advil and realize that for now, it is definitely my body and not my mind hurting or do I continue trying to figure out what caused this and journal?
    Thank you

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are hurting more today. I know this is a difficult journey for you. Your body IS hurting but the cause is your mind, brain, neural pathways. Journal if you feel moved to but try to do what you can to relax, sometimes distraction is the best medicine. Take an Advil if it helps, that is fine! Hoping you are able to get a little relief.

mnjeaner29 likes this.
  3. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

Thanks. It means a lot. I slept in a bed that is a bit harder than my usual one, for a couple of days. A part of me thought I was actually waiting for this to happen. I have continued journaling and am determined to follow through with this. In my heart, I know that this is the correct path. However, I have thought that I have been on the right path before. If relentless is a character trait of a person with TMS, then count me in because I am determined to heal myself.

MindBodyPT likes this.