1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Today is a free write about how my emossions effect my tms . Though my pain has remained the same for awhile I do notice when I think about my life with dawn and its still sucks . I do get pain but I saw myself what's going on with myself at the moment and I try to stand still and notice .

I stopped digging for some deep emotional problem that is the main cause of my tms but I just don't care anymore what it is all I know its a emotional issue, and the more I tell my brain the more I think its starting to get it.

And I am finally not noticing whether I am having a pain day or a good day I just don't make a deal of it either way. I also stopped reading book after book on tms it feels like I am going on a merry go round . I stop looking for knowledge and I need to start living and being happy.

Yes I am still going threw a bad relationship / marriage but I am not reacting to it anymore . if I need to gibe it attention I respond correctly or address the issue at another time.

This tms journey is almost a gift in self discovery ....yes the pain SUCKS but I keep telling myself don't shoot the messenger.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

You're so right Boston! I too hovered up books and videos etc when I started the TMS journey, then laid off to give myself some space. Then sometimes I realise I haven't read or gone on the forum or meditated at all for a couple of weeks and so I will opn a book or come on here. It is amazing how just reading other peoples posts can have such a beneficial effect. I think its because I keep recognising the TMS traits in others that I have myself! But also I get so much more joy from ordinary life now - I really appreciate stuff I hardly noticed before. I think this TMS process makes us more observant overall...

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marco and Jo. I agree wholeheartedly. Knowing about TMS has helped me to understand myself and life better. I can much better handle anxieties and frustrations that come up. It is almost a daily battle with technology. Something is always going wrong. I keep as little techno stuff as possible... one landline phone, no cell phone, no Iphone. Just a computer and tv and I dropped satellite because most of what is on is mindless. I bought a new flat panel indoor tv antenna and it works great to get the Chicago networks and PBS stations and some extras in the area, even in Indiana. I love Youtube and never fail to be amazed at home much I can find on it, from old movies to nature, documentaries, music, etc.

TMS knowledge has made my senior years much brighter.

Boston Redsox and hecate105 like this.