1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by suffering, Sep 14, 2014.

1. suffering

suffering New Member

The last time I did any real physical activity was in May of this year, before I had the first of my 2 back surgeries, within 3 weeks. I am experiencing terrible numbness and pain from the numbness in my foot and two toes. I was diagnosed with TMS about 20 years ago, at 19 years old, and I accepted the diagnosis, worked on it, and I felt so much better, with occasional flare ups. The pain I had right before the surgery was like nothing Ive ever had in my life, and I have given birth to 5 children! So although I am now again working on the TMS diagnosis for muscular back pain, I have been told that there is nerve damage, and not sure if its temporary or permanent, but I am really hardly able to get around, let alone exercise, which is depressing, and very bad for my weight, which I worked so hard to lose, and am now gaining back. So, that is my exercise experience as of late.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, suffering. I'm really sorry you are in pain again. It looks like TMS is back at you with the muscular back pain. Five kids would give anyone TMS,
    even if they were all angels.

Accepting TMS worked for you before, and it will again. Just keep thinking your pain is not structural but from your emotions.
    I suggest you start the TMS program which will lead you through the techniques of healing.

You need to look into your repressed emotions again. Journaling can help you with that.

You may need a reminder on what TMS is and how to overcome its pain. Herbie's new video explains it:

http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/what-to-know-to-heal-from-pain-pt-1.5482/

You might also talk to a TMS therapist, free, at:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forms/ask-a-tms-therapist.1/respond

Don't let this get you down. You're having TMS pain so you can become a happier, healthier person and
    really enjoy life.

suffering likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Now I see that you are in day 3 of SEP. That's great. Just keeping going.

suffering likes this.
  4. suffering

suffering New Member

Thank you for your encouragement!!! I got a good laugh about the Tms and my kids comment!!

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

SF, If it's any consolation, I had some nerve numbness/tingling in my wrist after a nurse had difficulty finding any blood to sample, (that's another story), and squeezed down so hard that it squished my nerve. Before being released from the hospital I mentioned it to the attending physician and he said "Don't worry about it, it will go away."--AND IT DID!, in a few days or a week or so, I can't exactly remember, (didn't "calendar effect" it). Actually, I'm looking into a relatively new procedure called RFA, Radio Frequency Ablation, where they i.d. the painful nerve and cauterize it to kill the nerve and the pain. It's supposed to be good for two years to life. Point being, nerves can regenerate given some time.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Time heals all wounds, they say.

Claire Weeks says, about treating anxiety, to "Let time pass."