1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srton, Jun 6, 2014.

1. srton

srton Well known member

the author of the day three prompt really struck a chord when she said that she would have noted that her childhood was "extremely happy" but upon examination she realized that there were problems that she was still grappling with and causing her anxiety, anger, and the resulting TMS pain. I, too, prided myself on a "very happy" childhood but very very easily came up with a laundry list of events which hurt and continue to hurt. I actually flushed as i wrote the list and am not looking forward to the future prompts which will have me explore these feelings.
    My nanny once told me that I was the only client she had ever worked for who wasn't in therapy. Man did that make me proud! Like I was a model of stability and health. I was also probably the only client she worked for who had had severe neck and shoulder pain daily for the last 14 years. Ha ha ha -- joke is on me!!! Rolling my eyes at my hubris.
    Thank you all for your support and allowing me to have this safe space to talk about my journey and to read about yours.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

srton, awesome story, and yes you are with friends and very safe here. I remember when I first heard about writing about my childhood. I thought my childhood was perfect, so I went on to write about all the sad times that occurred that I could muster up during my childhood thinking that was the culprit and a serious thing happened for sure.
    I began to realize as I wrote that my childhood although not horrific had a lot of times that was very distressing to me. I actually wept several times while I journaled about those days. I couldn't believe the stuff that happened that I just never looked back on and thinking the whole time it was all peachy but it wasn't.
    I had a lot of Ah-ha moments in that journal and sometimes when the feelings got really rough I would stop writing about all the bad and just focus right back to the good. This was comforting and very beneficial to know after I had been down the rd less traveled.
    Ask all the questions you need to, bless you and welcome aboard my friend.