1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Kim Mc, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Kim Mc

Kim Mc Peer Supporter

Hi there-my 3rd post in 2 days. I've been on facebook for 4 years and never posted anything! I am working on Day 3 of the program. I just finished reading the article by Tony Schwartz. So many things struck a chord. Fear becomes a self fulling prophecy and taking a run for him was like confronting a phobia. I haven't exercised in 5 years because, well because my knees feel like they can't hold me up, because I have fear that I won't be able to walk afterward, and that they are "damaged" inside. I used to use exercise as the purge for my eating disorder binges and none of that was gentle to my body. If anything, my body has taught me that lesson through the joint inflammation. But that was then. Maybe I'm just supposed to do something. I can walk most days, so why couldn't I exercise? I read something today by Pema Chodron that seemed so relevant. I read a few different devotionals each day and it's funny how everybody always seems to be talking about the same thing in different words. Here's what Pema shared today that sounded to me like Dr. Sarno: "How to defeat fear: Once there was a young warrior. Her teacher told her that she had to do battle with fear. She didn't want to do that. It seemed to aggressive; it was scary; it seemed unfriendly. But her teacher said she had to do it and gave her instructions for the battle. The day arrived. The student warrior stood on one side, and fear stood on the other. The warrior was feeling very small and fear looked big and wrathful. They both had their weapons. The young warrior roused herself and went towards fear and asked, "May I have permission to go into battle with you?" Fear said, "Thank you for showing me so much respect that you ask permission." Then the young warrior said, "How can I defeat you?" Fear replied, "My weapons are that I talk fast and I get very close to your face. Then you get completely unnerved and you do whatever I say. If you don't do what I tell you, I have no power. You can listed to me and you can have respect for me. You can even be convinced by me. But if you don't do what I say, I have no power." In that way, the student warrior learned how to defeat fear". I hope you all feel more peace and joy today than fear. thanks for listening :)

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is the truth Kim MC and very inspirational. How are those Clare Weekes audios sounding?
    Bless You

3. Kim Mc

Kim Mc Peer Supporter

I haven't listened yet but look forward to spending some time with them this week. Thank you!

Forum Administrator likes this.