1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day #3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kimbob369, May 10, 2020.

1. kimbob369

kimbob369 New Member

I exercise every day which consists of walking, a short leg strengthening session as well as a short free weight upper body session. This is good but..

Unfortunately, I have stopped hiking due to the muscular imbalances affecting my feet, left ankle and left knee.
    I have become hypervigilent in my body and my brain monitors each foot step in which my feet feel very "hard" and unstable ..like I feel every little twig.. kind of like "The Princess and the Pea" story but on the bottom of my feet! My left ankle and left knee are a separate set of symptoms. On and off pain and strain.
    It's a very bizarre feeling. We aren't supposed to feel consciously every single step we just step..but not me.
    I know these are TMS related, and I have let this condition steal my favorite hobby away. The last time I really would have been actually able to hike was on February 27, 2013 when this whole syndrome started for me and it's already racked up 7 years!
    My goal is to be able to hike again.. without any fears would be the ultimate.

ssxl4000 and KristinlynnNewLife like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Keep on walking and hiking should be in your future! If it helps, I don't have muscular imbalance, but my right leg is slightly longer than my left. I used to blame this fact for on-and-off knee pain I experienced during cycling. Cycling is my favorite activity, which I adopted after I stopped running due to pain. So, I used to somewhat obsessed about my knee and scared that I might have to stop riding. Now, it doesn't seem to bother me anymore when I ride, even though my right leg is still legitimately longer than my left...Keep up the good work!