1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheWeeLad, Jun 5, 2019.

1. TheWeeLad

TheWeeLad New Member

Hey everyone! Back for day 3. Feels good to be sticking to the routine here.

Day 3's "question to ponder" asks about my current relationship with physical activity and exercise. I still weight lift 4 days per week. The pain limits what I do for sure, and has definitely stunted my progress. I am going to stop allowing it to stunt my progress. Knowing that there is no physical damage being done will help in this respect, since I know pain is purely emotionally and mentally driven, and not structurally.

My pain has definitely affected my day to day life. I get nervous when I have to do yard work, or lift something heavy around the house, or travel, knowing that it may cause pain. Realizing that this is all due to conditioning makes so much sense, and I have been making an effort to remind myself of this on a day to day basis.

I discontinued my practice of BJJ due to what I now attribute to TMS induced pain. I was dealing with some knee tendonitis, so I took some time off. Right when that healed, I tore my hamstring and my meniscus, and once that healed up properly, the back pain began. I have been telling myself I will begin the practice again once the pain subsides, but during Day 2's exercises, I committed to continue my BJJ practice come September. Telling myself that I would start the practice, regardless of pain and by a certain date, was extremely freeing. I am very excited and optimistic.

2. Chris1138

Chris1138 New Member

Hey @TheWeeLad - it looks like we're on a similar timeline with starting the Structured Education Program. I look forward to continuing to see your posts!

3. TheWeeLad

TheWeeLad New Member

Hi Chris!

I missed a few days, so you may be a little ahead of me. I will still be keeping an eye on your progress. Hope youre doing well!

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Weight lifters will enjoy Eddy Lindenstein's "The Mind and Fitness Podcast" which is devoted to TMS topics and interviews. He's also into crossfit, he's a motorcycle rider, a father to two little girls, and works in sales, and he somehow finds the time to produce this weekly podcast on all things TMS. Check it out!

5. TheWeeLad

TheWeeLad New Member

Hi jan! I actually am listening to episode #70 right now! Saw your post on it...thanks for the recommendation!