1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Livinginhope, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

On my third day of SEP. Prior to walking, I was talking to my husband about the program and saying that one of the traits of people with TMS is perfectionism. He then asked me whether I thought I was a perfectionist. When I responded to him, I mentioned how many things I do everyday to make me "better;" mental imagery, two types of Qigong, walking, listening to improvement tapes, eating with intention rather than enjoyment, sleep position to give me the optimal health advantage(on a slope to prevent reflux), etc. Wow, he said. Sounds like you put yourself under a lot of pressure. Duh!
    I then walked, in pain, but with a gusto that I have not had in a very long time. I also listened to a jazz guitarist while I walked, Jesse Cook, rather than tapes to improve myself. I am still in pain, but I still enjoyed the walk. At least it is a start.

Ellen likes this.