1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Livinginhope, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

On my third day of SEP. Prior to walking, I was talking to my husband about the program and saying that one of the traits of people with TMS is perfectionism. He then asked me whether I thought I was a perfectionist. When I responded to him, I mentioned how many things I do everyday to make me "better;" mental imagery, two types of Qigong, walking, listening to improvement tapes, eating with intention rather than enjoyment, sleep position to give me the optimal health advantage(on a slope to prevent reflux), etc. Wow, he said. Sounds like you put yourself under a lot of pressure. Duh!
    I then walked, in pain, but with a gusto that I have not had in a very long time. I also listened to a jazz guitarist while I walked, Jesse Cook, rather than tapes to improve myself. I am still in pain, but I still enjoyed the walk. At least it is a start.

Ellen likes this.