1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ben P, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Ben P

Ben P Newcomer

Although strictly speaking I'm on day 3 of SEP I've spent a few days going through the Accepting the Diagnosis section as recommended. It's thrown up some fascinating stuff and a few key examples of triggers for anger. I'm still struggling with the pain big time but there have been a couple of times when I've had very brief glimpses of what life could be like as I move relatively freely. These moments are few and far between but I'm holding onto them like a drowning man. I want to believe I've accepted the diagnosis but not sure I really have.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Be. Accepting the diagnosis can lead to a lot of good soul-searching. You are discovering some triggers for your anger, and that's really a good thing. It takes discovering those repressed emotions to heal us. You're early in the program. The more you journal about your present stresses, the more it will lead to discovering emotions from the past that are most likely causing your pain.

3. Ben P

Ben P Newcomer

Thank you for replying - hugely appreciated. The end of Day 4 has prompted me to remember what my doctor said to me. 'This will never go away." I hadn't realised that - although I'd heard and registered this at the time - how deeply this remark had dropped down the well.