1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by beaum0, Nov 21, 2016.

1. beaum0

beaum0 New Member

Question to ponder??

The last time I exercised was yesterday afternoon. I went for a short walk with my wife and 2 year old son. It felt good to physically stretch my body out as I walked. However I struggled to push through the pain. The pain made it physically difficult to breath and I had to walk slowly.

Emotionally I actually felt terrible. I felt sad, defeated and even grief stricken. Struggling to accept what my life has become. I would look at my wife and envy the way she could so easily walk and push the pram whilst I struggled to put one foot in front of the other. I kept imagining how enjoyable the walk would be if I wasn't in pain. I had some really dark thoughts about my quality of life and what my future holds.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, beaumO. I encourage you to take walks whenever possible, and with your wife and kids to give you encouragement. The more you do this, the closer you will come to walking without fear or pain. Keep your mind on positive thoughts as you walk... that it is leading you to a happy, pain-free future.

3. beaum0

beaum0 New Member

Thanks Walt