1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tiny, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Tiny

Tiny New Member

The last time I exercised was in the Outer Banks with my family for my dad's 60th birthday. Not that long ago. My symptoms miraculously disappeared (or mostly) while I was there. Some of us decided to play a little light beach volleyball, just bumping the ball around in a circle. I joined -- and it felt great! Physically I felt strong, energetic, talented. Emotionally, I felt happy, relieved, and a little bewildered. I haven't exercised since then because doctors told me not to. And mostly because I'm scared to. I'm scared I will do some permanent damage, I'm scared it will hurt a lot, I'm scared it will be exhausting.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Tiny. I think the doctors are wrong. Exercise, even just a little, is good for us, and for TMS healing.
    If you can't find someone to exercise with, maybe watch some free videos on YouTube for exercises you can do at home by yourself.