1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by scrat26, Jul 16, 2016.

1. scrat26

scrat26 New Member

OK, here goes! Well not really sure what to write, don't really do forums..... But I've decided if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do everything that is suggested. So, I found out about TMS through another book, where the author had cured her back pain. And that intrigued me enough, that I started google-ling, and read about Dr Sarno. Downloaded Healing Back Pain then and there. Wow! Hope! I have degenerated disk, lower back, and early signs of osteoarthritis in back and knees, so just getting old! ( And just as I type that, I realise that that did frighten me when dr told me. I'm only in my early 40's.) The mornings are the worst. Couple of days ago, in shower, washing hair, and I coughed without thinking - felt like someone had stabbed me in the back with a knife and twisted it!! Balled my eyes out! Got out of shower and went straight to Dr Sarno's 12 sayings to calm down. Have had some relief, from reading the book, which is promising, but I think I have a way to go. Affirmations are working, and I "clicked" while reading something else, that what I do, my routine in the morning, is conditioning. And Fear. So I'm working on that, instead of sitting around for two hours before I can walk normally, I'll be saying a new affirmation and changing the pattern and having a shower as soon as I rise, like I used too. Wish me luck! Ok, got side tracked, Day 3, really struggled to come up with an "event" in the past. Kind of have memories of sad and angry, but can't seen to pinpoint one, to a specific time. Does it have to be childhood for this task, or just any time in the past? Managed to write down two, but don't know how I'm going to fill in the whole sheet. Must say the journaling is an eye-opener, it just flows, along with some tears.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Scrat. You're doing great. Belief in TMS is the key to healing. Journaling helped me so much to discover the repressed emotions causing my back pain and then I healed. Tears are okay. Let your emotions help lift your spirits.

Don't worry about pin-pointing one specific repressed emotion from now or your past. List them all and your subconscious will find the one or ones that are causing your pain.

Breathe deeply and thank the Lord for all the good things He has done for you. One of the best was in leading you to the TMS MindBody and Dr. Sarno. It and he are the antidotes to painkillers and surgery.

3. scrat26

scrat26 New Member

Thanks Walt, my belief is growing everyday. And I've had a few instances when it's definitely shown me. Even though it's quite emotional I'm enjoying the journaling, just giving it up and letting it flow.
    I'm just having trouble writing any down, I don't really remember that much, and besides my fathers accident and death years later (which I know I have a lot to come from that), I guess nothing's coming to mind. I'll keep persevering and journaling.
    Your comment "Let your emotions help lift your spirits" stuck with all morning. Thank you.