1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KLB69, Mar 20, 2016.

1. KLB69

KLB69 Newcomer

By speaking out loud to low back twinges, stiffness and persistent plantar fasciitis and acknowledging emotional burdens from past trauma, the pain significantly subsides. I have not been physical active so far, but plan to add in walking and dancing to music next week.

This reminds me of overcoming fibromyalgia twenty-plus years ago. I know TMS is very much like that, and that builds my confidence.

Making the TMS lists is hard and I keep remembering more to add to the list. I have intellectualized the trauma, but I shut myself off from feeling. Last night, I really wondered if I was strong enough to face the feelings of past and current pressures. I woke up and took action by filling in more of the lists, and just noticing my feelings has proven to me that though intense emotions threaten to overwhelm me, they pass, just like waves of water, or blasts of wind. That intensity can only last so long, then the peace comes when I do something nice for myself, like watch a funny video, play with my animals, hug my husband, even catch up on housework because the pain tends to stop me from doing simple daily chores.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

H, KLB69. I healed from severe back pain through TMS journaling, but I would have trouble sleeping if I thought about it an hour or two before bedtime. It may be the only time you have with some quiet, so do what you have to.

Playing with your pets and hugging your husband are both great relaxers. So it watching funny videos. House cleaning is a great way to live in the present, which is a big TMS healing technique. Focus on what you're cleaning... vacuuming, dusting, the dishes, laundry. It will take your mind off any symptoms.