1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Zoeinoz, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Zoeinoz

Zoeinoz New Member

Hi.
    I had a great day today. I had a chat with myself about self-compassion and love and imagined giving my inner child a hug...and actually felt really good afterwards.
    Though I still had some pain I decided to tackle one of my physical fears, carrying my baby in her carrier. I was carrying her in it when I first experienced pain a few months ago now and haven't used it since out of fear. I gave myself a pep talk and just did it and made sure I thought about other things than the physical sensations, like how great my girls are. Anyway, it was totally fine! So happy to have another hurdle out the way.
    My three year old had a play date today as well. So I had three three year olds and a baby in the house and it was really fun...well except for the odd tantrum. Two weeks ago the thought of looking after my own girls alone gave me bad anxiety. High fiving myself!
    I hope you all had a good day too.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Ni, Zoe. So glad to read your happy, positive post today. You are definitely healing from the SEP work. Isn't it wonderful to feel accomplishments such as you describe? Keep doing things you previously feared doing, and you will keep accomplishing more. Your subconscious is getting the message that you believe your fears and anxieties and pain come from TMS emotions.

Here's a high-five from me, and a hug, too.