1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3- when was the last time I exercised

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilybluerose, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

I did ddp yoga several days ago. DDP is definitely an anxiety trigger for me even though I love it so much. I first started doing ddp yoga when I was really sick with mystery vertigo and in motion dizziness (suspected protracted SSRI withdrawl) and hyperthyroid attacks which made me very anxious before I accepted that I can handle it and will be okay.

The first time I started feeling the wrist pain, which I am having trouble remembering how long it was, it was either one or two years ago, it hurt way worse doing DDP yoga, and ddp shows variations of what to do because he "tweaked his wrist" and this shows what to do if you have hurt wrists, so every time he says this, it sets of anxiety in my mind.

I decided to try to say F it, and went ahead and did DDP without doing any alterations to the wrist positions. Well I still felt a lot of pain.

I think I am not going to be able to accept a TMS diagnosis until I get an mri of my arm/hand and a nerve conduction test, even though I really truly do believe TMS is VERY VERY likely to be causing my wrist/hand/arm pain and tingling.

So far today Ive felt pain in my right ankle, right arm/hand and tension headache. I also felt tingling start to happen on my left hand. I still had panic anxiety even though my mind is like COME ON, this is SO darn obvious!

Still feeling hopeful, but also frustrated and worried something is structurally wrong, even though evidence points otherwise. I mean how was I able to do everything and work on pc and such for 9 months, now all of a sudden its back within a day? I dont believe RSI or carpal tunnel or anything else works that way does it?

I am enjoying these practices a lot though! It feels good to feel like I am doing something to better myself.

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

If you need to get the MRI done to enhance your belief in Tms then I believe that is a reasonable step to take. I do think you are making headway in your journey because of your hope, critical thinking about what is happening and openess to doing the Tms work.

Keep collecting evidence, stay calm and do the MRI if you think that will launch you onto the next stage of healing. Be aware that the MRI could show up normal abnormalities that sometimes doctors will attribute the pain to, but with your multiple pain sites, anxiety and inconsistency of symptoms, my vote is Tms.

3. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

Ty for the reply! I truly hope it's tms and I realize me thinking that is part of what's holding me back lol!

birdsetfree likes this.