1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3: the last time I danced

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Nov 12, 2020.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

The last time I did any form of exercise was last week. I did an intense cardio and strength workout. I felt great doing it but developed pain in my knee somewhere halfway and haven't tried to do it again since.

The last time I did what I love; dancing was my birthday, June 6th. It made me feel amazing. Empowered, excited, happy. I haven't danced since then for fear of hurting myself. That time my knee really hurt after dancing, but at that point I had been living with the most stressful human being ever and had endured 2 months of being ignored and emotionally starved.

As for running, the last time I did that was October of 2018. My knees really hurt after running, and everytime I tried to run I would get a sharp pain on the inside of my knee. So I stopped running. I would also get pain in the arch of my foot. So even walking long distances or running stopped being possible for me.

Now that I wrote it all down, it has been a lot of things I gave up. But four years ago I used to have back pain and didn't do so much, and i recovered, so I have faith that I'll recover. I haven't yet accepted the TMS diagnosis, which is probably why I haven't exponentially gotten better, but today feels better than yesterday, so I will keep going.

Koko likes this.