1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 - suck it up

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wendyd, Nov 26, 2014.

1. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

Over the years I have tried an assortment of treatments. The usual list ... massage, acupuncture, pt, chiro, etc. The worst thing is when at the end of treatment I am no better and the practitioner basically shrugs and says I guess you'll have to live with it. Oh great. Thanks a lot. I don't want to live with it. FIX ME. That's what I'm paying you for. But, I'm now understanding that the cure is within me. Like Dorothy, I had the power inside all the time. I need to click my heals and say "it's all in my head, it's all in my head". Am I the first one to make that analogy? I think its a good one!

Last night I watched the success story video posted by psychosomatic. The rest of the evening I was positively giddy ... my back pain was pretty much as low as it's been in a long time. Evidence. I woke up in the early hours of the morning and felt it again. I talked to myself and dismissed it. By the time I woke up again, it was there (that's my pavlovian time of day), but nowhere near where it has been the past week. Progress. I feel it now because (again my pavlovian time) I am getting ready to clean the house and get ready for thanksgiving dinner. I will periodically stop what I am doing to read or listen to more testimonials and videos. Hearing it definitely works best for me. I'm feeling hopeful.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I love your analogy of Dorothy and your affirmation "It's all in my head."
    That kind of affirmation, that my back pain was psychological, from TMS repressed emotions,
    helped me to heal. But it wasn't until I told myself the pain was 100 percent TMS.
    Yes, the cure is within you.

Hope your Thanksgiving goes well and your turkey gravy is not lumpy. Slowly adding flour to the heated drippings,
    slowly stirring, does it for me. Yummm.