1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 SEP and activities with TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Nana, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Nana

Nana New Member

I am in day 3 of SEP program and I am being advised to ponder on the following:

“When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?”

My main symptoms bloating and constipation, making me feel heavy, distended, tired and unmotivated, but regardless of this I started running once again 3-4 weeks ago. I am discouraged because it does nothing for the bloating. I use to also like to go to a coffee shop and work on my crochet but now I have a hard time going there bc I find myself constantly comparing myself to before when I had no gastro issues. I use to swim as well but I am not comfortable with doing that as I feel very distended and uncomfortable. I would also like going for long walks but now I am afraid to do that because I will be alone with my constant thoughts on the constant bloating I suffer from. I feel like I am different from others bc my discomfort is 100% of the time present, very diffiicult to concentrate on anything else.

Balsa11 likes this.
  2. Hedger

Hedger Peer Supporter

I feel with you, I can tell from both your posts that there is a lot of suffering. You deserve better

This is the core of the TMS purpose. To keep you preoccupied on something else. You are not different, this is 100% human and your body´s way of protecting you from feeling something it thinks is dangerous.

Keep up the work in the program and you will improve.

I also recommend the following page (especially listening to the audio clips):

https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program (TMS Recovery Program)

jennyc19 likes this.
  3. Nana

Nana New Member

Hi Hedger! Thank you for your support it is very much appreciated. I read somewhere that you did the audio 100 . I am at my 32 day , hopefully it helps a bit but I do not want to be put all my eggs in o e basket. So hopefully this Tms work pays off. It would be amazing to hear more ibs success stories.

4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Gentle and consistent movement does help. I get bloated in the morning when I wake up but it goes away only when I'm eating. It gets worse when my abdominal muscles clench up.

5. Hedger

Hedger Peer Supporter

I don't even know what "audio 100" means, so I guess you have mistaken me for someone else on the forum.

6. Nana

Nana New Member

Yes I have soooooo sorry!

7. Nana

Nana New Member

Thankyou for all the advice. I hope one day all this will disappear . Why is it uncommmon to find people recovering from tms on this sight? I get soooo encouraged with positive stories.