1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Question to Ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wrestlingfanforever, Jul 11, 2021.

1. wrestlingfanforever

wrestlingfanforever Peer Supporter

Hi to whoever is reading this :)

Day 3 Question To Ponder: When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

Throughout this TMS Journey, exercising has been something that has empowered me. I have not returned back to the wrestling ring much- due to the whole covid shutting down the whole independent industry and shows- id been back for a few weeks in march (due to doing a TV project) and this was the most empowered id felt since this whole thing started.

Ive been at the gym 5x a week since they have re opened, and whenever theyve shut, i went on runs at the park. At first- running on the treadmill was scary- i had gotten that conditioning to getting head aches after cardio on the treadmill. Months ago i overcame this and now do the treadmill pain free and even run faster and turn the settings higher than i had them before i got these tms migrains! When i run on the treadmill now- at first there is that little bit of fear- but by the 8 minute mark i feel strong and empowered and 'oh look at me go, ive got this'.

Star jumps was also some thing that frightened me- i was so scared of making my head worse and bringing on my dizzyness/migrains etc. i had a target of just doing 1 set of 25. Now i do 2 sets of 50=100 and i am totally fine. The only thing is that before i start my set theres always a second of 'can you do this?'. i still get this even though ive been excelling in this for months now. i guess ive been conditioned to think like this for so long. Either way, i really couldn't ask to be doing these any better as i always pass this little mental test and do them fine.

i notice on the days i DONT workout- i feel sad. I feel depressed. I feel like im wasting my day or not 'putting the work in' and it would feel like the whole day was a 'write off'. The thought of NOT exercising scares me. It feels like 'well if you fail at your career or dont look physically good enough, don't be surprised because you didn't put any work in.' This used to be on Sundays, so now i make sure i work out on Sundays to feel productive and empowered. I feel like maybe ive done this obsessively- Is this sort of OCD TMS too? either way, i feel like its helping me overcome everything else.

THANK GOD FOR EXERCISE AND ENDORPHINS!