1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 - Positive changes and notes on exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by giulietta90, Jan 13, 2021.

1. giulietta90

giulietta90 New Member

"Question to ponder: When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it has been a while since you last exercised, why?"

Walking on Ontario Lake, yesterday. I love walking, but it is hard for me to get out of the apartment…. I am afraid of being alone with my thoughts, or of crying in public (my mum is really sick).
    I always feel much better when I go! My mood improves, I feel less stuck, my body feels less… clumsy, somehow. More awake. Everything flows better.
    I should try to go today, despite the weather! And look at how discomfort and pain are when I am back.

Also: somehting great happened on day 1! While journaling, expressed a whole lot of anger surrounding my current illustration project I didn't know I even had. Suddenly I started to feel some pleasant coolness in my left hand and arm, that until then were in pain and midly numb; the discomfort and mild pain I kept feeling for days disappeared and didn't come back for now!!!

2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Sorry to hear about your mother. I liked what Andy Bayliss wrote to me about sadness "sadness is close to my heart, it is an opening to intimacy and tenderness, a closeness with my experience". It helped me appreciate my sadness even more, seeing it as beautiful instead of fearing it (or see as weak).

That is awesome! You opened up to find something already on day 1. Keep the openness towards yourself even when its tough and difficult!

giulietta90 likes this.
  3. giulietta90

giulietta90 New Member

thank you for the encouragement and those beautiful words about sadness... it is very much true. In fact, I would say that every time I cry I feel closer to myself and more present... always feel more is my motto! :)