1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 - physical activity

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by justgreene, Apr 25, 2019.

1. justgreene

justgreene Newcomer

The last time I hit the gym was 6 days ago. I tried out a new Movement routine by Peter Park in his book Rebound. I enjoyed the routine as it was not too strenuous. During the routine, I also ran/walk for 25 minutes on the treadmill. I returned home after an hour and the first thing I said was, "I am pain-free." It lasted almost all afternoon. By evening I started to have sciatic/leg pain and had to go back to sitting to relieve my pain.

I have not been to the gym since as I am losing motivation. My pain was horrible on Tuesday when I returned to work. I had a wonderful massage on Monday that relaxed me but didn't do anything for my TMS.

After reading the New Yorker article, I am inspired to get back in the gym and get past the pain. I am definitely planning to go back to the gym this weekend.