1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 of Dr Schecters workbook

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Benny562562, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

First day was of the workbook I felt ok,day 2 and today day 3 I started journaling regarding emotional things from my past and my anxiety went up really high. It almost feels like an anxiety attack but not to that degree. Is this normal? I hate this feeling :/

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well done!

Yes it's normal, I'm sure alot of emotions surfaced. Btw don't forget the Mindfulness Summit starts tomorrow, it will be a great means of learning about mindfulness and how to reduce anxiety attacks.

PS - you may want to ask certain questions like this, in the ask a TMS therapist section. They give fantastic responses :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

Mike how do I sign up for the summit? When I started going over the pressure list I made, I noticed I started feeling anxious. Did u have anxiety also Mike?

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Benny,

It's www.Mrsmindfulness.Com

The Summit starts today and I'm not sure if they are taking registrations anymore, you will need to try.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  5. AndrewMillerMFT

AndrewMillerMFT Well known member

Hi Benny,

Yes, it is normal for many clients. In fact, the anxiety is often just a defense against the underlying emotions too. (There's some debate over whether anxiety is an emotion but there is considerable data these days that shows anxiety as a reaction to emotion or stimuli and not necessarily an emotion itself). Know that it's normal and I encourage you to be kind to yourself in doing the work. If the anxiety gets to the point where the discomfort is too great, I recommend you seek out a professional in the field who can help you cope and moderate the work you're doing. Pacing is very important for many TMS clients, we don't want to go at too fast a pace with painful emotions and feeling states as they can become overwhelming.

Best of luck to you,

Andrew

PS. Sounds like you must have TMS is you're having that kind of reaction! :)

mike2014, JanAtheCPA and Colly like this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, you can still register and I'm sure they will take registrations all month. All 31 presentations plus additional live streaming events will be recorded and available for purchase as a package after the summit is over (with the net proceeds going to several charities listed on the site).

http://themindfulnesssummit.com/