1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 odd truths

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 2scottb34, Apr 2, 2017.

1. 2scottb34

2scottb34 New Member

I just started reading the article on the day 2 page and realized a few interesting things about myself. Firstly, I was busy yesterday and not home, so I'm reading day 2 on the third day. I already feel like I've done something wrong. Three days into the program and I'm already screwing up! It says right on the first page to" go at your own pace", somehow that doesn't sink in. I also posted a short post on my first day, 33 reads and no likes! I've always had low self esteem, it was how my parents controlled me, to always make me feel inferior. I just didn't realize it was this obvious. My symptoms, low back pain, verging on spasm over the last week seem to be getting worse again. I know there is nothing physically wrong with my back, so I'm thinking part of me doesn't like this turn of events.

TheNewYorker likes this.
  2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

An increase in pain after starting your TMS recovery journey is quite common. This is my second attempt to complete this program. When I tried the first time, I remember my pain getting worse in the first week. The pain even moved to a new area (from shoulder to low back/butt). This time around, I'm seeing a little decrease in pain during my first week. It's different for everyone. Keep at it! I've taken great comfort in success stories. There are some great ones on YouTube, if you have the time.

Good luck!

- Matt

3. 2scottb34

2scottb34 New Member

thank you for your support. I'm still hurting, but I have gone jogging for short distances twice in the last few days. I've really conditioned myself over the years to respond to running or bending over with the fear of back spasms. I've made my living as a potter for forty five years and of course I'm bent over a wheel quite a bit of the day. Whenever I get the lower back spasms I can't work. Then there is the fear of if I can't work, how do I support myself? So in some respect, I think the fear of being immobilized is more fearful than the pain, I think. The two are so closely linked that I can't tell the difference. Thanks again for the encouragement. I will keep at it.

MSZ812 likes this.