1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 - Kristina

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kkcarlton, Jul 1, 2017.

1. kkcarlton

kkcarlton Peer Supporter

I sort of exercised this morning. My husband and I wrote our bikes out to Lake Michigan and then to a cafe on the way back to our house. It was a nice ride but only about 40 minutes, so more of a leisurely bike ride. Two days ago I rode my bike out to Mt. Pisgah - a dune with roughly 250 steps going up - and went up twice. I went as fast as I could doing sort of a HIIT. It was nice to be out and moving again, but it was also hard. I have been feeling really fatigued and had to push myself. It wasn't the "I haven't exercised in a while so this is hard" type of thing, but overall fatigue, plus my back, head, and teeth were hurting quite a bit.

This morning I was also in quite a bit of pain, but by the time we got back it was actually much better. The rest of the day so far I have had minimal pain in my back. About 5 weeks ago my right heel started to hurt while I was out walking and it has not gone away. Like my back, it hurts in varying degrees but I haven't let it stop me. Thanks to this forum and some of the books I read I know that pain can move around and other symptoms can pop up.

So overall I am grateful and thankful that I am exercising again. Being an impatient person (that probably fits the TMS personality??), I wish I was already healed, had an abundance of energy, and was ready to do whatever I want whenever I want. The lack of exercise in the recent years, due to lack of energy, has also caused some weight gain. I have a history of anorexia and bulimia so this is hard, but unlike before, I am not starving myself. I am continuing to nourish my body with healthy foods and know that once I heal, I will be leaner again as well.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, kkcarlton. You are making amazing progress with those trips to the dunes and climbing the stairs. Are those the Indiana Dunes? I used to go there on weekends and loved the sandy beaches and swimming in the lake

You believe in TMS but now need to journal about any repressed emotions that cause pain. And journal about why you are impatient. There are reasons for anorexia and bulimia. You probably know that Princess Diana suffered from them.