1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 - Exercise question

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Okcowgirl, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Okcowgirl

Okcowgirl Peer Supporter

Today's questions were: When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

I have not exercised in a long time. Due to my Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue I haven't found a way to exercise without causing a "crash" (extremely sore muscles, bad fatigue, much like having a really bad flu, sometimes for weeks)
    I do love activity, I used to be a riding coach, training horse, did dog agility, gardening, hiking, etc. I would really love to get back to all of these. I am not quite sure yet how to make that happen but I am hoping to start seeing some improvements and, when I do, I will try adding some more activity.
    I do light gardening now, when I can and it is so good for the soul
    Blessings

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sarno was pretty clear that you need to return ASAP! It is part of the mental healing as well... refuting the idea you are in any way shape or form , less than OK.

Sore muscles are very very different than TMS. They aren't always comfortable BUT we need to plod on through them to get to the other side.... that's why the reading, the 12 reminders and personal work are all so important... it is a multi-pronged attack on the root of the problem which is ultimately in our mind.

BTW... My dog keeps me from ever getting in a dark place. She always wants to run and play, is never in a bad mood and loves me unconditionally. Best TMS counselour in the world!!

Okcowgirl likes this.
  3. Okcowgirl

Okcowgirl Peer Supporter

Thanks for your response Baseball65.
    Yes we have two dogs as well........great cheerleaders lol.