1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 excercise and how I felt after.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lindahope, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Hello. I'm on my 3rd day of journaling. Last time I excercises was at the community center last week. I went on the arm and leg bike for 10 minutes and the arm bike for 5 minutes. My lower back felt some tension and I was afraid to do more. I walked in the mall today. I had pain in my lower back and sides. I talked myself to my brain and said its only fear and anger before I went. It helped a little. Thanks for listening
    Linda

2. Denny

Denny Newcomer

Hi again, Linda. This is Denny. We were in the Chat room together yesterday. I am on Day 3 also and we can do this together. I had 2 back related surgeries in 1997 and in 2000 which did not resolve the buttock pain issue. I basically lost all hope over the last 14 years and just continued to treat the symptoms. I was literally directed to this TMS site through prayer this past Sunday. Something propelled me to do a Google search that evening that finally led me here. By Tuesday I had read Healing Back Pain and starte
    d this program. I FULLy understand the difficulties in sitting and experienced great pain last night at a restaurant but kept telling myself I can do this and talking to my subconscious.
    I too am VERY anxious and started seeing a counselor about 5 weeks ago. I do not have a TMS professional near us. You are fortunate. I saw the our father and hail mary when my mind begins racing as a form of meditation. I say many players while sitting on the lawn tractor to cut the lawn because of the pain and racing mind. We CAN DO THIS! !!
    Peace to you and good luck. Denny

3. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Thanks for your reply, Denny. I just talked to one of my girlfriends and after telling her what I'm doing she said, why not just get the shots? I've always been a natural minded person. I hate taking medication and it doesn't agree too well with me. It still shocks me I went for the neck surgery. Everyone says I was in such pain. To be honest, it's all a blur so I'm trying to have faith that I did the right thing at that time cause I was praying about it cause I am beating myself up for getting it. If I think on the terms that God knows the reason and he is directing my paths then it calms me a little.

I think it's great you are cutting the lawn!
    Linda

4. Denny

Denny Newcomer

I have tried the injections years ago at the base of the spine and they did nothing long range. We are simply treating a symptom. I truly believe this is the answer.

5. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Ok. Thanks. I didn't want another one either. Have a peaceful night and sleep well...