1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 confused

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ashoo79, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

I kept thinking about pains meds today I was wondering when i would leave them when these TMS symptoms would go away so I can walk without to much of this pain which is more like needles and painful tingling. I kept thinking I love to dance when I be able to dance and hop here and there with my kids. I went out with my family but only could get out because i took pain killers and was able to walk without much pain. May God be with me.

2. Jentx123

Jentx123 Newcomer

Hi ashoo! I'm glad you were able to get out with your family. Don't feel bad about taking painkillers. When you are early on in the TMS process I think it's fine. I only started it myself a few weeks ago and I still have a stash of pain meds that I use when things get really bad! After all, as Sarno says, the pain is real and if pain killers help you and allow you to give your attention to things other than pain, then I think they are a good thing. Eventually you will want to stop using them, but for now, I wouldn't worry about it. You don't need to add another layer of stress or guilt to what you are already feeling.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, ashoo. I agree with Jentx. Take the pain relief medication and don't feel guilty about it. I had an anxiety attack about 40 years ago, saw a psychiatrist, and he put me on Librium. I used it for three years and it helped me get a new job and saw me through mucch anxiety. When the Lord decided I had enough medication help. I stopped taking it and have not taken anything since, and I am almost 86. Learning about TMS and the SEProgram two years ago healed me from severe back pain after I realized I had been repressing anger since I was 7 years old when my parents divorced.

Most of us need help for anxiety in our lives and when a pill helps relieve it, we should be glad. I do think you won't need any medication after completiong the SEProgram, or even maybe before. You need to journal about why you feel anxiety. Dr. Sarno says we don't even have to solve the problem, just recognize it. Then I suggest putting it to rest and focus on the things that make you happy.