1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3: Belief But No Progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Bastian, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Bastian

Bastian Newcomer

I read Healing Back Pain and knew TMS was my thing. I’m a perfectionist, OCDish, highly-sensitive, conscientious, anxious, etc. I have low-back pain, hip pain, knee pain, and, as of this year, sharp shoulder pain. I also have other health issues that I’m guessing fit the diagnosis too. I’m inclined to think nearly everything is TMS. But even as I’m sold on its validity, I’ve not made much progress. Hoping this program will help!

Hedger and Balsa11 like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Bastian,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki!

I am glad you're doing the SEP. I suggest that since you're dong this, and you "accept the diagnosis" that you relax, take confidence, and allow the process to work.

The process is very personal and individual, and the SEP will give you a chance to make this "yours." Pushing yourself to have success is part of the reason we find ourselves with TMS!

Some possibly helpful advice: Watch your Inner Critic. How does it feel to have part of you attacked and rejected? How might that part of you feel, that receiving, child-part? Find ways to have pleasure every day. Develop a mindfulness practice of any kind. It is important to have a strong witness to observe sensations, thoughts, fears, future catastrophizing, and self pressure. Learn to feel more, in your body, your experiences and emotions. The body does not lie about the feelings.

Keep us posted as you go along!

Andy

Balsa11, Bastian and Hedger like this.
  3. Bastian

Bastian Newcomer

So nice of you to reply, Andy! I will absolutely try your advice—and, gosh, I so need the reminder that my striving for success IS the TMS. I really appreciate it...

4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Focus on the mental health part: especially notice when you're in a good mood. That's where the progress shows up.

5. Bastian

Bastian Newcomer

Notice when I’m in a good mood. I love that—so simple.

Balsa11 likes this.
  6. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

When you're super busy you might forget, so you can do it at the end of the day or when you're sitting and eating etc.

Bastian likes this.