1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 and counting...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by slundius, Jun 9, 2015.

1. slundius

slundius New Member

The last time I went to the gym must have been over 6 months ago. And even that was a single visit after many weeks of not working out. I went, convinced that I would feel better if I could just move my body and begin to get the blood flowing again. Climbing up on the elliptical trainer, I was encouraged and hopeful convinced that, after the first few minutes, I’d begin to feel the benefit. I’m afraid just the opposite occurred. I could only endure the pain for 10 minutes before realizing that this level of exercise was now beyond my capacity to sustain. I haven’t been back since. And yet, I still keep my gym membership active, knowing that I’ll somehow be free again one day.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Slundius. Don't become discouraged. Dr. Sarno writes that when in TMS pain we should not be engaged in strenuous exercise, just continue to be active in our daily routines around the house and at work. Don't become a couch potato. Do whatever mild exercise you can. Keep your gym membership as an incentive to healing, but regard it only as a placebo. Your real healing will come with continuing the SEP program and believing 100 percent that your pain is not structural but from psychological repressed emotions and/or a perfectionist/goodist personality.