1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 and 4 - Is it too early for a success story?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mstrong, Apr 24, 2017.

1. mstrong

mstrong Newcomer

I feel like I made my best progress over the weekend. Reading the replies here, the success stories and just getting to the gym and pushing my body, has been fantastic. Reading lupercmda's success story, I came upon the line, "This is a conditioned response". This has been very helpful for me in terms of self-talk. Seeing it that way and using that statement whenever I have a twinge, has been an awesome tool.

At the gym this morning, I did Romanian dead-lifts, burpees, overhead split lunges and box jumps. I had previously convinced myself that every one of these exercises was a recipe for disaster. I was so stoked to move through four rounds of these and be confident in my body. I am really beginning to understand just how debilitating fear is. And also, how fear creates anger, depression and diminished self confidence. Stress and tension. Everything moves in a vicious circle, until you can see it for what it is.

I bought new running shoes yesterday and will be going for my first run in a couple of years (on pavement), tomorrow.

MindBodyPT likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations on a fabulous start toward complete TMS healing. All that gym work and now buying running shoes... wow! It is a wonderful early success story. Drive fear away with positive thinking and a positive mantra... "Any pain is psychological, not structural," or something like that.