1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 a storm in mind

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Xara, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I am on day 3 on the program...
    I have over a year pain in neck, arms and one leg, besides diziness...
    First thing I realised... So many many emotions that I haven't felt, I repress for the last 3 years. Like I put my mind in a fridge.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a great analogy - like your mind has been in a fridge! It is like that - suddenly you start feeling again. It is painful - but needed to be able to overcome all the stuff that has caused us so much pain.
    My husband did the SEP - and by the end of it he realised that he just did not feel emotions. At some point in childhood - he became numb to it - and it takes a lot now for him to actually work out how he 'feels' about things. But now he knows - he can get to grips with it and work it out.
    Good ;luck with the program...!

3. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

Thank you so much... I certainly need encouragement for this journey. It is all about emotions... Has your husband being healed?

4. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I did it first - I had fibromyalgia for 22 years - so my husband had seen firsthand how ill i was...! But after i managed to get healthy again - thru the program, this forum and the Sarno books etc... he actually decided to do the SEP program - even tho he didn't have any particular symptoms. He just recognised that people's psychological situation influences their symptoms and reactions etc - He then found out about his lack of feeling emotions properly.. So it was really good he did it - he probably headed off illness in the future. He is a much more empathic and thoughtful chap because of it!!

5. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I am so happy that there are people who have healed themselves from fibromyalgia... I was told I am stage before fibromyalgia, I have pain in neck, shoulders, arms and a leg! Instability, foggy thought, diziness... all these good stuff. I am trying to persuade my brain it is only phycological and the only thing I have to do is to break the vicius circle
    Thanks for the feedback ☺️