1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 29

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MKMissy, Sep 27, 2016.

1. MKMissy

MKMissy New Member

I came to a grinding halt a couple of weeks ago, as I was finding it difficult to journal successfully and didn't feel I was making any progress. I asked a question on the Ask a Therapist about whether my pain was really TMS, but didn't have a reply, which made me really despondent. Since then, though, I've read the first 5 chapters of Walt and Eric's book - due to the title - (thank you both - I will buy the whole book and read it, as it was really helpful!), am half way through Steve Ozanich's new book (thank you Steve!) and have read Georgie Oldfield's book, which is great. I've also been in touch with Georgie and had an assessment with her, and she confirmed she was sure my pain is stress induced. She also gave me some really great tips on journalling and other activities, so I'm thankfully on the path to healing again :) For anyone struggling like I was, I would recommend having some sort of 'assessment' with one of the therapists.

juderocketqueen likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MKMissy. Thank you for saying my book with Eric is helpful. We include a lot of techniques for TMS healing. Maybe there are too many and it can confuse or frustrate you. The main thing is believe in TMS and adding the faith element. That helped both Eric and me to heal. Steve's books are wonderful. Georgie is very kind to give you tips on journaling, etc.

3. MKMissy

MKMissy New Member

Thanks, Walt. Yes, it was definitely good knowing there are other Christians out there who recognise TMS. I actually by chance ordered Don Colbert's book called 'The Bible Cure for Back Pain' and he recommended Dr Sarno's books for chronic pain, which is how I found out about TMS. It all sounded very unlikely until I took the plunge and read 'Healing Back Pain'. I then found I was full of hope - hooray :) I loved what I've read of your book so far. You make me laugh, which is a great stress reliever in itself. Looking forward to reading the rest when I've finished Steve's. As far as I'm concerned, the more techniques I hear about the better. Thanks again. Sally.
    P.s. I'm in the UK, which is why I was so relieved to find Georgie!