1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 29 - unsent letters

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Melody, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Melody

Melody New Member

I find writing unsent letters to people who've upset me have really helped. I always end up seeing things from their point of view so I get a new and more balanced perspective on things. I even forgive them, which I never thought would be possible. I'm now pain-free apart from the odd twinge but anxious it may come back. So I know I need to keep up with the program, daily meditation and always more reading, especially since I've just taken on some freelance work which will be an interesting challenge but still stressful for me. That's my low self-esteem talking. :)

hopeful_guitarist likes this.
  2. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Hi Melody,
    Tempting to stop the program too early, just looking at the pain-results... Great that you acknowledge the anxiety, as the tricky mechanism still being active in a corner of your mind. As is the voice of your low self-esteem (-: Being honest with oneself is essential and a wonderful way too, to get more familiar with ourselves. Wish you wise decisions and fun to play around with your new job!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Melody. It looks like you are almost healed, and the SEProgram has helped you get there. I'm glad that unsent letters is helpful. I too found that to be a good way to forgive others. Journaling and writing unsent letters helped put me in other's shoes so I understood where they were coming from. I realized that those who were causing me pain had their own TMS and were passing it on to me, whether they knew it or not.

4. Melody

Melody New Member

Thanks for your wise words Walt.

5. Melody

Melody New Member

Thank you Lydia. I think the SEP is well worth doing for anyone, even without TMS.